cayenne-user mailing list archives

From jonathan_ms2006 <jonathan_ms2...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Closing Cayennes' DataContext
Date Sun, 04 Jan 2015 04:14:34 GMT
Hi Aristedes,

    That's a good tip, from now on I will set MySQL max_connection
attributes greater than cayennes' connection pool (dataNodeDriver.xml). But
still I think this will not resolve the issue, there must be a way wherein
cayennes' DataContext class should strategically close unused database
connections.

    Lately I was thinking if we can replicate using cayennes' DataContext
the traditional way of connecting Java to MySQL wherein programmatically
we're setting the JDBC driver, MySQL login credentials, MySQL port number,
etc. in a java class and then strategically we close unused or idle
connection/s to avoid such error as mentioned on this thread.

    Also if there's a way where cayennes' DataContext (open connection) can
be re-used instead opening a new one every time a JSP page loads.? Any ideas
on this will be much appreciated. :))

Best Regards,

Jonathan