cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Archive tables
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2014 08:44:31 GMT
A few more things I need to ask:

* I assume it is a multi-user app?
* If a user checks the checkbox, you switch *all* entities to the archive tables, not just
a subset of entities?
* How do you distinguish between regular and archive tables? Are archives in a separate schema,
or in the same schema, but using different naming conventions?

But here is also an idea of the solution, that can be further tweaked depending on the answers.
You need to start 2 ServerRuntime's (I assume you are on Cayenne 3.1 / 4.0 here). One mapped
to access regular tables, and another - the archive tables. And depending on a given user
state, you allocate them an ObjectContext from the corresponding runtime.

Andrus