cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Johannes <jotpe....@gmail.com>
Subject Fwd: a setter for addToManyTarget ?
Date Sat, 13 Dec 2014 06:41:27 GMT
try again

Betreff: a setter for addToManyTarget ?
Datum: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 07:36:55 +0100
Von: Johannes <jotpe.osm@gmail.com>
An: cayenne >> user@cayenne.apache.org

Hello,

my object model has 2 toMany relationships. Cayenne Modeler generated
next to addToManyTarget(String, DataObject, boolean) methods like
addToCategories(Category) or addToTags(Tag) for me. Fine.

In some use cases it would be wonderful to call a method like
*setCategories(List<Category>)*, which would add only new and remove
only missing Categories. Existing Categories aren't touch of course.

This would save much work, because the setter is written by me multiple
times in different projects.
Or does such a method exist today?

Best regards Johannes