cayenne-user mailing list archives

From <do...@xsinet.co.za>
Subject Re: a setter for addToManyTarget ?
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2014 07:46:59 GMT
Hi Johannes

Although this functionality isn't built into Cayenne there is a possible way
to do it.
I must first say though that I've not done this myself yet, and so this is
merely theory from my side.

Cayenne uses templates to generate the classes, so the idea is to modify the
template so that a method like *setCategories(List<Category>)* is generated.
It'll do this for ALL your relationships though.

The process involves 3 steps:

1.  Modify the template (this is the most complicated and time consuming
step)
     a.  Look inside the CayenneModeler.jar file, go to the /templates/v1_2
folder, and copy the appropriate superclass vm file from there.
     b.  Rename the vm file you copied.
     c.  Open your vm file and edit the section that handles relationships
to also generate the method you want. You'll start with something like:

public void set${stringUtils.capitalized($rel.Name)}(
List<$importUtils.formatJavaType(${rel.TargetEntity.ClassName})>
changeList )
{
    //  and then put your code here
}

2.  Add the template to Cayenne Modeler:
     a.  Open Cayenne Modeler and select Tools from the menu, and then
Preferences.
     b.  Select Templates on the left, and then click Add Template on the
right.

3.  Using the template in the Modeler:
     a.  Select Tools from the menu, and then Generate Classses.
     b.  Change Type to Advanced.
     c.  Change Superclass Template to use yours.

Should be fun :-)
Regards
Jurgen