cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Lindesay <...@lindesay.co.nz>
Subject Re: spark or dropwizard ?
Date Sat, 29 Nov 2014 07:29:19 GMT
Hello Simo;

I do not have any experience with the frameworks that you have
mentioned, but I see that "dropwizard" uses Jersey.  Have you considered
creating a Jersey filter that would assign an ObjectContext for use
during that request?

Regards;

On 29/11/14 7:12 am, Simo Sentissi wrote:
> I am brand new to Cayenne. I was referred to it on Wed when I was told that it is a requirement
for a future project. I really liked the getting started documentation and I am impressed
with it. Just do not know how I never hear about it until now. I looked for a google group
until I subscribed to this user list.

> Until now I used jdbi or jdbc within either Dropwizard or Spark frameworks. Both frameworks
“almost” abstract away lots of servlets interaction (DW case). Applications in both framework
are bootstrapped within either a main or run method in a startup class.

> Since my future use case project will necessitate Cayenne and with a web data context
-per request– , and before I start figuring out how to obtain a per request data context
session within either spark or DW I was wondering if anybody did have the same use case? And
how they went about it.

--
Andrew Lindesay