cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Traversing relationships in DataRow queries?
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2014 10:34:13 GMT
If I understand the task correctly, a combination of JOINT prefetching and "data rows" should
probably do the trick:

  SelectQuery<A> query = new SelectQuery<>(A.class);
  query.addPrefetch(A.SOME_REL.joint());
  query.setFetchingDataRows(true);

Andrus

> On Oct 31, 2014, at 1:14 PM, Hugi Thordarson <hugi@karlmenn.is> wrote:
>
> Hi all.
>
> Once again, I’m looking into migrating to Cayenne from EOF :). One question though:
Our code depends heavily on raw row fetching (data rows) that traverses relationships. I haven’t
looked much at the Cayenne code, but do you believe adding support for this to Cayenne would
be a huge undertaking? Or does Cayenne perhaps provide an alternative method to achieve the
same results?

> Cheers,
> - hugi
>
> PS: My apologies for the previous post, which my brain for some reason decided to post
as an answer to an older thread. I’m still on my first cup of coffee, and it’s a really
Monday-ish Friday up here.