cayenne-user mailing list archives

From John Huss <johnth...@gmail.com>
Subject Overriding database connection properties in merged projects
Date Tue, 09 Sep 2014 14:33:31 GMT
I'm doing my first merged project where I want to use two separate
DataDomains (projects) in a single cayenne runtime.  However, it doesn't
work because the properties that change the database connection are not
being used.  For example:

cayenne.jdbc.url.MyDomain.MyNode=jdbc:postgresql://localhost/myDb

cayenne.jdbc.url.MyOtherDomain.MyOtherNode=jdbc:postgresql://localhost/
myOtherDb
This seems to be the expected behavior, as described here:
http://cayenne.apache.org/docs/3.1/cayenne-guide/starting-cayenne.html#d0e963

   -

   Runtime DataDomain properties are the same as the properties of the last
   project in the list. I.e. *properties are not merged* to avoid invalid
   combinations and unexpected runtime behavior.

However, this is rather inconvenient since these properties are not in
danger of conflicting since there are fully qualified with the domain and
node names.  If you have any suggestions how to work around this, or what
source file to change I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
John