cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] Cayenne 3.1 final release
Date Tue, 30 Sep 2014 13:42:22 GMT

On Sep 30, 2014, at 3:41 PM, giulio.cesare@gmail.com wrote:

> Congratulations to all developers involved!

Thanks :)

> I am not a big fan of DI myself, but I will look into this new release and
> check how to update my project to use it.

Not sure why you dislike DI, but the good news is that it is encapsulated inside ServerRuntime
object, and doesn't affect the rest of your application. It is just an engine that wires everything
inside, and in most cases you don't need to know or worry about it. E.g. all the properties
are built on top of DI, but do not expose any DI APIs to the user:

http://cayenne.apache.org/docs/3.1/cayenne-guide/configuration-properties.html

And here is an example of how you can override an internal service using Java 8 lambda. I
think it is pretty neat:

http://markmail.org/message/7gmk53ng76vnp2cb

Cheers,
Andrus