cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Lon Varscsak <lon.varsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Batch fetching relationships
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2014 00:24:19 GMT
So, I'm working on porting some things over from EOF/WO/WOnder to Cayenne
and want to understand what my options are for batch fetching
relationships.  I understand prefetching, but we have SO many places where
we don't prefetch (let's pretend for a valid reason :D) and we have an
array of CayenneDataObjects and we know we're going to access the "x"
relationship on all of those items.  In WOnder we had an
ERXBatchFetchUtilites class that would take an EO or an array of EOs and
then specify one or more key paths which would then trigger batched fetches
of the given relationships.

Is this something that's available in Cayenne?

-Lon