cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Erlend Birkenes ...@dataloy.com>
Subject Problems combining joint and disjoint_by_id prefetch semantics
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2014 15:57:07 GMT
Hi

I have a query where I want to use joint prefetch sematics on some
relationships and disjoint_by_id on others.

But whenever there is a prefetch with joint semantics, the ones that use
disjoint_by_id never happens. There simply is no query for them. And even
worse: the relationship is not faulted either, it just returns null when
accessed.

The default disjoint semantics works fine together with joint, but not
disjoint_by_id. If I change my joint prefetch to something else, then
disjoint_by_id starts working again.

I've tested this with 3.1B2 and 3.1RC1.

The documentation at
https://cayenne.apache.org/docs/3.1/cayenne-guide/performance-tuning.html
says "There's no limitation on mixing different types of semantics in the
same SelectQuery. Multiple prefetches each can have its own semantics." Is
that not the case or is this a bug?

Has anyone else encountered this problem, or have any suggestions?

–
Erlend