cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Joe Baldwin <jfbald...@earthlink.net>
Subject Version Compatibility
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2014 20:09:29 GMT
I have been using 3.0 for a while now (since it is listed as “stable”).  But then I read
one of the posts in which it was recommended to use 3.1 (rc).  So since I am getting ready
to change servers, I though I would take the opportunity to upgrade versions as well.

However, I could not find a compatibility matrix.  I did find the requirement of Java 1.5
or above.

I am currently using:

	Cayenne: 3.0
	Java: 1.7
	MySQL 5.1

I plan to change to

	Cayenne: 3.1
	Java: 1.7
	MySQL 5.6

First: is this reasonable?  Second, is there a version matrix at cayenne.apache.org I can
peruse?  Third, what is recommended for stability and performance?  I presume I need a minimum
Tomcat memory allocation (the last recommendation I recall was: “as much as possible”
:) )

Thanks,
Joe