cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject 3.2 support for vertical inheritance and query flushing?
Date Fri, 21 Mar 2014 15:47:18 GMT
My primary client is once again considering switching from JPA to Cayenne.

The last time this was brought up back in 2010, the lack of full
vertical inheritance support was an issue, and there was also the
question of handling JPA flush calls.

When I looked at the 3.0 docs, it seems like we now support vertical
inheritance fully, although I haven't tried it.

I don't enable flushing, but one of our programmers here flushes every
query, so if we were going to convert over to Cayenne, this would have
to be necessary.  I'm not entirely certain how that would work in
Cayenne, although I thought someone said something about using
external transactions to make this happen.   A google search on
cayenne flushing didn't turn up anything, and I know that the idea of
automatically flushing sql isn't a good fit with Cayenne.