cayenne-user mailing list archives

From <do...@xsinet.co.za>
Subject Re: DBCPDataSourceFactory
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2014 06:49:48 GMT

Thanks, regards
Jurgen

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrus Adamchik
Sent: Thursday, March 13, 2014 8:09 AM
To: user@cayenne.apache.org
Subject: Re: DBCPDataSourceFactory

On Mar 12, 2014, at 8:50 PM, dollj@xsinet.co.za wrote:

> Yip, that's what I was using in the Modeler but the username and pass have
> to be in a properties file and I was hoping that there was a simple
> alternative.

Usually the problem with specifying password (and other settings) in the
Modeler is that they are different between your dev environment and final
deployment environment. So while properties are not as simple as using UI,
it is a sensible alternative that will let you change those without
unpacking your deployment artifacts, etc.

Andrus