cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne 3.0.2 - Global exception - frequent issue in my application
Date Mon, 10 Mar 2014 11:29:00 GMT
A DataContext exists without a live database connection. Only when you do something with it
(like run a query, or commit some objects) it opens a connection, and then releases it immediately
when the operation is done.

Andrus

On Mar 10, 2014, at 2:19 PM, Sampath Uppula <SU0064323@TechMahindra.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am really wondering even after getting the DataContext object why I am facing the issue
to connect the database.
> Object Context :
>>> org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext@50ab9eed
>
> The reason to disable the stack trace in live is to reduce the log size and improve the
performance.

> Thanks ,
> Sampath Uppula

a JDBC connection error, or anything else really. But we don’t know.

> Could you turn on logging of stack traces in a live environment? Why is it disabled?
>
> Andrus
>

> On Mar 10, 2014, at 1:58 PM, Sampath Uppula <SU0064323@TechMahindra.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Andrus,
>> Thanks for the quick update.
>> But I cannot provide the stack trace right now because this issue is occurring in
the live environment.

>> I am using the below jars related to Cayenne in the web application which is deployed
on Tomcat 7.
>> cayenne-client-3.0.2.jar
>> cayenne-modeler-3.0.2.jar
>> cayenne-server-3.0.2.jar
>> cayenne-tools-3.0.2.jar
>>
>> Please suggest a way to resolve this issue.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Sampath Uppula.

I am getting the Global exception.

>>> dashboardfilterCreateObj =
>>> DataObjectUtils.objectForPK(context,DashboardFilterCreate.class,
>>> reportId);
>>>
>>> Can you please throw some light on it to resolve the issue.
>>>
>>> [INFO] [getDataContext],[19],[@@@@@@ DataContext is returned] [INFO]
>>> [emailDailyReportScheduler],[2777],[Object Context :
>>> org.apache.cayenne.access.DataContext@50ab9eed]
>>> [INFO] [emailDailyReportScheduler],[2781],[-- Report ID is : 11]
>>> [INFO]
>>> [org.apache.cayenne.modeler.util.ModelerLogger],[info],[78],[--- will
>>> run 1 query.] [INFO]
>>> [org.apache.cayenne.modeler.util.ModelerLogger],[info],[83],[***
>>> error.] [ERROR] [emailDailyReportScheduler],[2843],[Exception
>>> occurred in emailDailyReportScheduler(). Exception Details : [v.3.0.2
>>> Jun 11
>>> 2011 09:52:20] Global exception.]
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Sampath Uppula.

>>> Disclaimer:  This message and the information contained herein is proprietary
and confidential and subject to the Tech Mahindra policy statement, you may review the policy
at http://www.techmahindra.com/Disclaimer.html externally http://tim.techmahindra.com/tim/disclaimer.html
internally within TechMahindra.