cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Dzmitry Kazimirchyk <dkazimirc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Null Handling in CAY-1860
Date Sat, 22 Feb 2014 10:46:16 GMT
I think I've reported something similar already:

Perhaps this can be updated with additional details.

Dima

On 02/22/2014 12:50 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> Sounds like a bug. Could you open a Jira please?
>
> Thanks,
> Andrus
>
> On Feb 22, 2014, at 1:33 AM, David Feshbach <djfeshbach@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I came across a breaking change in the way expressions are evaluated in memory when
trying out trunk. A null value on the left hand side of a comparison (ASTGreater in my case)
used to cause evaluateNode to return false. Now it throws an UnsupportedOperationException.
A null value on the right hand side of a comparison used to return false, now it throws a
NullPointerException. I'm not sure how I would get around this without littering all my expressions
with isNotNulls. Maybe Expression.match could catch the exceptions and return false?