cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Christophe Friederich <christophefrieder...@me.com>
Subject Re: Integration cayenne in Spring
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2014 16:40:03 GMT
Hi Andrus,
Thank you for the reply.
I'm investigating the feasibility. My first problem is the transaction transparent synchronization
for more than one transaction (multiple database) during one transaction invocation. Second,
the possible conflict with my own transaction status and the status of Cayenne Transaction
class (always if multiple database). But for my project, that's the icing on the cake.

Best Regards,
Christophe Friederich

Le 30 janv. 2014 à 15:31, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> a écrit :

> Hi Christophe,
>
> while it is actually a good idea to reuse TransactionManager inside Cayenne (I am totally
open to doing it), a “standard” solution was to tell Cayenne to use “external” transactions,
which simply skips the commit inside Cayenne, delegating that to the external code that manages
the DataSource. Is that not working for you?

> Cheers,
> Andrus
>
> On Jan 30, 2014, at 5:09 PM, Christophe Friederich <christophefriederich@me.com>
wrote:

>> Hi,
>> I done a spring integration of cayenne 3.0.2 ( JTA Support and Transaction Proxy,override
default configuration in xml,...),
>> and now I will migrate to 3.2. I have supposed implement TransactionManager Interface
but it's never used.
>> my question is: Are you plan to integrate TransactionManager interface in DataDomain
class to replace runInTransaction() method ?