cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: V3.0.2 org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomain, line 258
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 07:05:08 GMT
Hi Émile,

Welcome to the community!

Looks suspect to me too :) The good news is that 3.0 is ancient news and these days stack
initialization is handled via dependency injection and more or less completely outside of
the stack objects themselves.

Not sure if that code is causing you any trouble (if so, let’s discuss), but in general
I would recommend switching to 3.1 beta for your work.

Andrus

On Jan 15, 2014, at 8:05 PM, Emile Salem <esalem@polyprotec.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> as a first post to this list, I’d like to ask the following:
> why does the DataDomain need to have a dataContextFactory declared in
> its properties for the assignment of its queryCacheFactory to take place, as read on
line 258 of org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomain (3.0.2):

> if ((queryCacheFactoryName != null) && (dataContextFactory != null) &&
(!Util.isEmptyString(dataContextFactory))){
>    this.queryCacheFactory = ((QueryCacheFactory)createInstance(queryCacheFactoryName,
QueryCacheFactory.class));