cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: V3.0.2 org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomain, line 258
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 14:28:58 GMT
Understood.

3.1 is stable already as in “frozen API and no new features”. I am waiting for one bug
fix to go through, and then I am going to propose a release candidate. There are still gaps
in the docs though.

Andrus

On Jan 16, 2014, at 5:04 PM, Emile Salem <esalem@polyprotec.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the quick answer.
>
> The reason we chose 3.0 over 3.1 is we didn’t want to use a beta version in our production
environment. Because we’re scared of that word, "Beta".

> No problem with the code mentioned, I gave it a dataContextFactory that behaves like
default. I was just curious as to why I should be forced to use a dataContextFactory in order
to get my queryCacheFactory accepted, I thought I might be missing something.

> How far is 3.1 from becoming stable?
>
> Le 2014-01-16 à 02:05, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> a écrit :
>
>> Hi Émile,
>>
>> Welcome to the community!
>>
>> Looks suspect to me too :) The good news is that 3.0 is ancient news and these days
stack initialization is handled via dependency injection and more or less completely outside
of the stack objects themselves.

>> Not sure if that code is causing you any trouble (if so, let’s discuss), but in
general I would recommend switching to 3.1 beta for your work.

>> Andrus
>>

>> On Jan 15, 2014, at 8:05 PM, Emile Salem <esalem@polyprotec.com> wrote:
>>> Hi there,
>>>
>>> as a first post to this list, I’d like to ask the following:
>>> why does the DataDomain need to have a dataContextFactory declared in
>>> its properties for the assignment of its queryCacheFactory to take place, as
read on line 258 of org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomain (3.0.2):

>>> if ((queryCacheFactoryName != null) && (dataContextFactory != null) &&
(!Util.isEmptyString(dataContextFactory))){
>>>  this.queryCacheFactory = ((QueryCacheFactory)createInstance(queryCacheFactoryName,
QueryCacheFactory.class));