cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Inheritance Question
Date Fri, 20 Dec 2013 06:58:11 GMT
No.

But a question though - if the result set only contains ClassOne rows, why would you care
about inclusion of all those extra columns in the SELECT?

Andrus

On Dec 20, 2013, at 9:50 AM, dollj@xsinet.co.za wrote:

> Thanks for your reply Andrus.
>
> I don't suppose that there is a way to tell Cayenne not to be so eager in this case ?
>
> Jurgen
>

> -----Original Message----- From: Andrus Adamchik
> Sent: Friday, December 20, 2013 8:27 AM
> To: user@cayenne.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Inheritance Question
>
> From what I can tell, this is the intended behavior. If your SelectQuery root is ClassOne,
Cayenne expects that the result might contain a mix of ClassOne and any of its subclasses
(which means ClassTwo as well). So the columns in SELECT are a superset of columns for all
the classes involved.