cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: my first cayenne project
Date Tue, 17 Dec 2013 08:07:14 GMT
Hi Michael,

> This email is probably not the best medium to voice my concerns.

I am forwarding this to the user list, so that others can participate in this discussion.
Make sure you don’t miss the replies either by subscribing or by following the archives:

> That's when I decided to modify the source and it worked.

Maybe you can post a diff with your change?

> The site lists success stories, does that include success with legacy schemas?

Absolutely. I have a bunch of those.

> Having a terribly difficult time getting solid performance. I dump the generated SQL
to my console log and the simplest of queries take a few seconds. If I throw in a join it's
worse.

Performance problem can be caused by many things. From SQL not hitting the indexes, to slow
network, to large number of rows returned in a single query, etc. Could you provide more details
- type and version of the DB, the number of rows returned, any special network details? Maybe
a sample of your Cayenne log..

Andrus

On Dec 17, 2013, at 9:31 AM, Michael Hatch <mvhatch@gmail.com> wrote:

> To answer your question, I began with 3.0.2 but jumped to 3.2m1, but same problem. That's
when I decided to modify the source and it worked. I didn't spend too much time on figuring
out the problem and simply moved on. The site lists success stories, does that include success
with legacy schemas? Having a terribly difficult time getting solid performance. I dump the
generated SQL to my console log and the simplest of queries take a few seconds. If I throw
in a join it's worse. The documentation says to prefetch, but that simply creates multiple
SQL statements which is not ideal. This email is probably not the best medium to voice my
concerns. I apologize.