cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: CayenneModeler 3.2M1 on Mac OS X Mavericks
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 12:06:22 GMT
Yeah, we definitely need to address that. This could be the launcher that we are using that
is no longer compatible with Oracle Java.

Thanks for the details also.

Andrus

On Nov 6, 2013, at 2:55 PM, D Tim Cummings <tim@triptera.com.au> wrote:

> I can confirm that installing java 6 from Apple solved the problem. This probably won't
be a common use case now but in the future I am sure Apple will stop installing java 6.

> To prevent Java 6 from wanting to install, I had edited /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.7.0_45.jdk/Contents/Info.plist
>
> and replaced
>
> <key>JVMCapabilities</key>
> <array>
>  <string>CommandLine</string>
> </array>
>
> with the following:
>
> <key>JVMCapabilities</key>
> <array>
>  <string>JNI</string>
>  <string>BundledApp</string>
>  <string>WebStart</string>
>  <string>Applets</string>
>  <string>CommandLine</string>
> </array>
>
> Java 7 has been working fine with other java apps such as eclipse.
>
> Tim
>

> On 6 Nov 2013, at 8:00 pm, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>
>> Seems to work for me.
>>
>>> Additional information, I don't have the Apple java 1.6 installed. Only Oracle
jdk1.7.0_45

>> I actually have Java 6 (side by side with 7), and this is what Modeler is using.
Java 6 was removed during mavericks upgrade, but when I clicked on Eclipse app for the first
time, it prompted me to install it.

>> Anyways, looks like we need to test a Java7-only case.
>>
>> Andrus
>>

>> On Nov 6, 2013, at 12:17 PM, D Tim Cummings <tim@triptera.com.au> wrote:
>>> I have just upgraded to Mac OS X Mavericks and the Mac specific CayenneModeler
3.2M1 is no longer working. It just won't open. When I tried installing again, Mavericks says
CayenneModeler is damaged and gives me the option to delete it. I have started using the platform
independent version of CayenneModeler 3.2M1 on Mavericks now and it works fine.