cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: 3.0 -> 3.1: Committed changes not propagating to other contexts / invalidating objects not removing cached values
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2013 13:36:13 GMT

On Nov 4, 2013, at 4:29 PM, Mike Kienenberger <mkienenb@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 2:02 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>> You will only need third-party packages (JMS, JGroups, XMPP, etc.) for notification
clustering. Notifications within a single JVM are based solely on Cayenne code.

> Where is the code that sets this up for the case of "within a single
> JVM"?   As I mentioned before, no notifications are being sent from a
> single JVM configuration because nothing is registered to listen for
> them.    I don't see anything in the code base that will listen for
> notifications for a single JVM,

ObjectStores listen for each other’s events. See ObjectStore.setDataRowCache(..) (BTW this
is the code I want to simplify per 'Removing "use shared cache” option’ thread).

> and the default event listener for
> Cayenne appears to be JavaGroups (but only if it's in the classpath).

You have to actually make some effort to enable cross-VM events (see DataDomain.notifyingRemoteListeners).
They are off by default.

Andrus