cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Removing "use shared cache" option
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2013 06:36:01 GMT
Hi everyone,

I’ve been considering removing support for “Use Shared Cache” checkbox from the Modeler
and for the corresponding code in the framework. This is about a strategy for a *snapshot*
cache that is used to save a DB trip when resolving to-one relationships or checking a previously
committed state of a modified object. The alternative (i.e. when it is unchecked, and a per-context
cache is used) is not very useful IMO and the need to support both strategies results in lots
of dirty code.

Now I am wondering have anyone ever unchecked that checkbox, and if so, what was the reason?

Also if you have no idea what I am talking about, it also answers my question :)

Thanks,
Andrus