cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Ramiro Aparicio <ramiro.apari...@prot-on.com>
Subject Re: Issue with distinct 3.1
Date Wed, 13 Nov 2013 10:05:27 GMT
So really there is little to no use for setDistinct in a SelectQuery.

Anyway I was more concerned about the Where clause, I can assure that I
am using a non null owner but even then owner is a User object so there
is no reason why Cayenne should try to match agains a Contact and
distinct should not change the where clause in this query.

For reference Contact entity has 3 attributes:
  + contactOwner : relationship with User
  + contactTarget: relationship with User
  + idcontact: AI PK

Andrus if you want I can open a Jira Issue

Ramiro

El 13/11/2013 8:00, Andrus Adamchik escribió:
> Cayenne forces DISTINCT in the generated SQL whether you specify it or not because it
detects a match on to-many relationship and realizes that it needs to get rid of duplicates
in the cartesian product. So I guess explicit DISTINCT shouldn’t normally be needed.

> As to why NULL is bound in the DISTINCT case, this could either be a yet unknown bug
in the framework, or something in the app code.

> Andrus
>
> On Nov 13, 2013, at 1:15 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>
>> On 13/11/2013 3:59am, Ramiro Aparicio wrote:
>>
>>> I am really not sure if current behaviour without distinct is ok, but at least
it works for me.
>> Cayenne returns a collection of objects that will never have duplicates. In fact
you can choose whether the results return as a Set, List or Map.