cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Removing "use shared cache" option
Date Mon, 04 Nov 2013 07:16:14 GMT
We experimented with that option and unticking it caused expected behaviour that was quite
hard to understand. Particularly in how it inter-related to the object cache. Dima is the
person who knows all the details of that experiment.

I certainly remember thinking to myself "never uncheck that option".

Ari

On 4/11/2013 5:36pm, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I’ve been considering removing support for “Use Shared Cache” checkbox from the
Modeler and for the corresponding code in the framework. This is about a strategy for a *snapshot*
cache that is used to save a DB trip when resolving to-one relationships or checking a previously
committed state of a modified object. The alternative (i.e. when it is unchecked, and a per-context
cache is used) is not very useful IMO and the need to support both strategies results in lots
of dirty code.

--
Aristedes Maniatis