cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No willPerform(Generic)Query support for prefetching queries in 3.1?
Date Fri, 27 Sep 2013 14:29:50 GMT
I wrote,

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 1:48 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> This is bad and is not supposed to happen. Appears to be a bug. I am checking SelectQueryPrefetchRouterAction,
> and it applies *root* entity qualifier to prefetch query instead of prefetched entity.
Should be a relatively easy fix for "disjoint"
> prefetches at least.

I am closing CAY-1875 as invalid.  My original testing of entity
qualifiers must have been flawed, possibly due to interactions with
other changes I had already made.   Once I removed the
willPerformQuery code entirely, and disabled my application-level
qualifiers completely, the prefetching using entity qualifiers worked
as expect in my application.

The prefetch entity qualifier is actually added in QualiferTranslator,
not in SelectQueryPrefetchRouterAction.  That root entity qualifier is
rightly inherited from the original query as we don't want to prefetch
records for unrelated root entity objects.  Sorry for the false alarm.