cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Mike Kienenberger <mkien...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No willPerform(Generic)Query support for prefetching queries in 3.1?
Date Tue, 24 Sep 2013 19:43:46 GMT
Great idea!   I had forgotten that I could create a separate
ServerRuntime now.   Yes, that would work fine in my case.   The
overhead isn't an issue in this particular case.

That is one of three cases where I now use DataContextFilter, and
definitely the one that I would most like to get rid of as it's the
most complicated one.

The second case is where I force a testing failure, but I can use
DataChannelFilter.onQuery() as a replacement.

The third case is new, due to a change in behavior between 1.1 and now
(I think the change happened in 1.2).   I could probably use a
DataChannelFilter here too, or I could also use a custom ServerRuntime
to fix this one, but I'm hoping that we can treat this change as a bug
and fix it instead.   I'll start a separate thread to discuss this
one.

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 2:04 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:

> On Sep 24, 2013, at 8:48 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>
>> he "special DataContext" case where the qualifier should be ignored can probably
be handled by starting a separate ServerRuntime, where you can strip off the qualifiers. For
whatever overhead it creates (ideally not much), this has an advantage of cleanly separating
"spaces" with different ORM rules.

> Elaborating on this a bit… The old Configuration allowed multiple DataDomains, each
of those requiring its own DataMap(s) saved in the project upfront. Good idea, but hard to
use in practice.

> ServerRuntime (with single DD each) is more user-friendly. By starting multiple independent
runtimes you to easily reuse a single mapping project, tweaking each in-memory copy local
to each Runtime (as well as tweaking other parameters like cache). 2 Runtimes can reuse a
single DataSource (JNDI, or otherwise), etc.