cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Willerding <awillerd...@itsurcom.com>
Subject Re: Can't instantiate class but it exists
Date Wed, 31 Jul 2013 17:57:54 GMT
On 31/07/2013 1:04 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>> WEB-INF/classes - contains the classes generated from the application including what
looks like a bunch of tomcat jar files in the root of the folder.
>> WEB-INF/lib - contains the necessary .jar files used to compile the project and that
I have added for the project and it appears pretty much a copy of everything that is in the
classes root folder except the application classes.
> If WEB-INF/lib contains cayenne-server.jar, both PasswordReset.class and DefaultAdhocObjectFactory.class
will be loaded with the same ClassLoader and the problem should not occur. So maybe check
if cayenne-server.jar is also exists in the shared container ClassLoader.

> Andrus

Hi Andrus,

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by the shared container ClassLoader.
Should I put a copy of cayenne-server.jar in both the classes root
folder and the root lib folder.  It currently only exists in the root
lib folder.

Andrew