cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Dirk Olmes <d...@xanthippe.ping.de>
Subject Re: Swing / Data views
Date Sun, 02 Jun 2013 04:48:02 GMT
On 05/31/2013 06:24 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> On the DataViews status... Yes, DataViews is no longer a supported
> technology in Cayenne. DataViews was a great and promising framework,
> but ended up archived and removed from the main line of development
> after its main and only developer moved on to other things. The code
> is there, and Swing hasn't changed that much in the last 5 years
> (Cayenne did somewhat), so given a motivated person, it can be
> resurrected. Otherwise yeah, you'd have to look for data bindings
> elsewhere, or do it traditional Swing way.

If I was to implement a Swing GUI again, I'd take a look into the
excellent JGoodies binding library [1]. It does not come with direct
support for Cayenne but I'm sure those two frameworks could be married
fairly easily using cayenne's entity templates.

-dirk

[1] http://www.jgoodies.com/freeware/libraries/binding/