cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Abrams <dabr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Prefetch paths
Date Wed, 15 May 2013 13:56:57 GMT
We do something similar to this.  Here is a snippet that will prefetch all
the relationships on a given entity.  If you want to do this via compound
keypaths, you would need to parse the keys and do this recursively, but
that might be a little dangerous in terms of fetching lots of data.

        DataContext dataContext = (DataContext) object.getObjectContext();
        ObjEntity objEntity =
dataContext.getEntityResolver().lookupObjEntity(object.getClass());

        for (Relationship relationship : objEntity.getRelationships())
        {
query.addPrefetch(relationship.getName());
        }