cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@ish.com.au>
Subject ROP security
Date Wed, 15 May 2013 23:49:17 GMT
We have a ROP Cayenne application we'd like to lock down a bit more tightly. In particular,
in a situation where we don't trust the client application hasn't been hacked, we'd like to
restrict certain activity from the client. I'm thinking of:

1. preventing SQLTemplate/EJBQL queries completely
2. adding entity listeners to catch certain write behaviour (we can't do a lot about reading
data since that's easy to do at the controller level, on the client, but pretty hard to construct
rules at the model level on the server)
3. creating 'partial' object entities which are missing some attributes. Sort of hollow, but
only hollow on some attributes.

Has anyone attempted anything similar to the above? (2) should be easy enough, but not sure
about the other requirements.

Cheers
Ari

--