cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Lon Varscsak <lon.varsc...@gmail.com>
Subject Peer Context Synchronization
Date Wed, 24 Apr 2013 18:14:39 GMT
Hey all, I'm having some trouble with something that I _think_ should work.
:)

It's a very common pattern for me to create a new context, do work, save,
and expect those changes to make it back into peer contexts that share
object ids.

However, there are times where this isn't happening…and it's intermittent.

My model in this situation is pretty simple, there's EntityA with a to-many
to EntityB.  In a peer context, I'm creating an EntityB and adding it to
the relationship of EntityA (a local instance), and generally speaking, in
my other peer context the matching instance of EntityA is updated and has
the proper EntityB in it's relationship (after commitChanges).

However, occasionally…maybe 1 in 10, the peer context doesn't get
immediately updated (although will, I believe, at a later time).

So the question is, does commitChanges immediately/synchronously push all
changes into peer contexts?  Or does it happen in another way?

Thanks for any insight.

-Lon