cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Convert Oracle Type NUMBER to java.lang.Boolean
Date Tue, 23 Apr 2013 00:20:50 GMT
Yes, I do that all the time: integer in the database and boolean in the model. On the plus
side when you (inevitably it seems) discover that your boolean actually needs 4 values, migrating
to an enum is simple since you can leave the database alone and just change the model.

Remember the good old days when sex was just male/female/null?

Ari

On 23/04/13 1:23am, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> Actually this should just work. No hacks are needed. But it should be mapped as NUMBER
on the DbEntity side, and as java.lang.Boolean - on the ObjEntity side. If it doesn't, it
is a bug that we need to fix.

--
Aristedes Maniatis