cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Get ObjectId of To-One Relationship Without Faulting
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2013 08:43:04 GMT
getArtist().getObjectId() or Cayenne.longPKForObject(getArtist()) actually will not result
in a DB round-trip. Cayenne returns a HOLLOW object for simple to-one relationships. So this
is the Cayenne way.

If this doesn't work, could you please elaborate why you need a raw FK. Maybe there's another
way.

Andrus

On Mar 6, 2013, at 8:38 PM, David Feshbach <djfeshbach@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there any way to get the ObjectId or raw foreign key of a related object without faulting?
I'd like to implement getArtistObjectId() or getArtistPK() without calling getArtist().getObjectId()