cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Scheibe <dscheib...@googlemail.com>
Subject Custom DataSourceFactory class / cayenne-3.1B1
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2013 10:00:51 GMT
Guys,

i'm trying to implement a custom DataSourceFactory class. While this is
dead easy of course i'm struggling a bit on how to get my configuration
parameters into the instance of my class.

I want to have some custom user properties (external data source
configuration, custom data source pool, etc.) injected into my custom
DataSourceFactory but since the object instace is created by the
ServerRuntime on startup i have practically no way of getting that done, or
am i missing something here?

I'm also not able to access the ServerRuntime instance from my custom
DataSourceFactory because the only parameter available is the
DataNodeDescriptor provided to getDataSource and i think there is no link
to the ServerRuntime in there as well.

I know about the "Custom Configuration/Location Hint" property in the
modeller but this would only allow me to provide some link to a file, etc.

Is there a chance to replace the DataSourceFactory instance upon
ServerRuntime initialization with a pre-instantiated object?

Can anyone help me out on this?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Daniel