cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Michael Jaruska <michael.jaru...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: basic tutorial
Date Sun, 23 Dec 2012 22:55:04 GMT
everytime i edit everythink by hand - i'm working in time-critical business sector and
if i have wake-up call at two a.m. that somethink goes wrong in night-job there isn't time
to study what happen in "mega-giga-super-zoo" grafical tool that somethink has been
broken. i have to study logs and in small amount of time there is need to correct bug and
run job again. no problem with pure files (doesn't matter if .xml, .csv,...).

maybe to make opinion - my second main business language is assembler.

ok, i'm not so "productive" as if i used graphical tools but this disadvantage is balanced
in production that in 99% of errors i can in minutes debug error and correct it. has been
many times waked-up in night that "gui boys" can't find bug...

ok, i'm old-fashioned.

yes, looks like cayene is in some aspects better than hibernate.

On 23.12.2012 1:47, emeka okafor wrote:

> About 4 or 5 years ago, when j2ee and spring were all the rage, I thought I was a ninja
because I would spend hours editing spring/beans/hibernate configurations by hand, and even
xslt...until I found a job where I did learn WebObjects/EOF and it changed my brain forever.
It s a shame that there are not many jobs  related to that technology and so one still has
to do the jee stuff.
> What I am trying to say is that, you did not even give the modeler a try. I would be
surprised if you would xml editing  go back to xml after you have learnt how to use it.