cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Simon Schneider <sschnei...@mackoy.de>
Subject Fetching and processing a large amount of objects
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 13:18:33 GMT
Hi list,

my task is to fetch and process a large amount of objects. Reading the documentation my best
choice
seemed to do a dataContext.performIteratedQuery(query). The problem is that I get a Java Heap
Space
error, on executing this statement. Now it seems to me the problem is that performIteratedQuery
loads
all data into a ResultSet.
My question is how to handle such cases, is there any best practice? Would it be ok to use
a paginated
query. Then unregistering processed objects from the DataContext they belong to and also removing
them from the array that resulted from the paginated query.

Regards Simon