cayenne-user mailing list archives

From emeka okafor <emeka_1...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: basic tutorial
Date Sun, 23 Dec 2012 00:47:37 GMT

About 4 or 5 years ago, when j2ee and spring were all the rage, I thought I was a ninja because
I would spend hours editing spring/beans/hibernate configurations by hand, and even xslt...until
I found a job where I did learn WebObjects/EOF and it changed my brain forever. It s a shame
that there are not many jobs  related to that technology and so one still has to do the
jee stuff.
What I am trying to say is that, you did not even give the modeler a try. I would be surprised
if you would xml editing  go back to xml after you have learnt how to use it.
You will have a lot of fun with cayenne.

________________________________
 From: Michael Jaruska <michael.jaruska@gmail.com>
To: user@cayenne.apache.org
Sent: Sunday, December 23, 2012 12:31 AM
Subject: Re: basic tutorial

hmm, i was in hope not to make spam but instead of (short) point to some notes
about using cayenne without modeler but just hand-editing xml files there was rubbish
about xml and editing them by hand. i'm editing xml by hand for more than 10 years
without problems and there's more efective formats for machines than xml.

btw: in cayenne i'm beginner, hibernate, ibatis etc i'm using for years and
yes, i (and in fact all my colleagues) am editing xml's by hand.

from this point of view, programmers of modeler are programming in wrong way...