cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Garth Keesler <gar...@gdcjk.com>
Subject Re: Modeler Reverse Engineered Entities Don't Match
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 08:43:08 GMT
That explains it. This is my first experience with an ORM so I've a lot
to learn but it appears that FK objects related to a particular object I
select will also be available automagically much as in J2EE which I've
played with a bit as well.  Neat. No need to respond since I'll dig this
out of the manual and thru more tests.

Much to learn (and that's the fun part of it:-).

Thanx Much,
Garth

On 11/01/2012 01:37 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> PK and FK columns are intentionally not mapped as ObjAttributes. An FK is redundant (you
already have a mapped relationship for that), and PK is presumed to be of no consequence in
the object model, so it is hidden inside ObjectId of each persistent object. For meaningful
PKs, you can create ObjAttributes yourself. And if you need to read a value of a hidden PK,
use org.apache.cayenne.Cayenne utility class.

> Andrus
>
> On Oct 31, 2012, at 1:52 AM, Garth Keesler <garthk@gdcjk.com> wrote:
>
>> Very new at Cayenne. Trying to extract the DBEntities and OBJEntities from a PG database
as shown in the tutorial. All tables in the selected schema are extracted but the resultant
DB and OBJ entities don't match each other WRT the number of attributes. I'm still looking
for a pattern but it seems that the DBEntities match the schema while the OBJEntities are
typically missing at least one attribute; sometimes several. I'm still RTFMing but any helpful
pointers would be appreciated.