cayenne-user mailing list archives

From emeka okafor <emeka_1...@yahoo.com>
Subject createIfNoSchemaStrategy
Date Sat, 10 Nov 2012 14:12:03 GMT
Hello again,

thank you for the help. I settled with h2database to begin with and now I am getting this
error when I try to run cayenne:

Schema "TEST" not found; SQL statement: create blablabla....

even though I have set the following:

schema-update-strategy="org.apache.cayenne.access.dbsync.CreateIfNoSchemaStrategy"

Any idea?

________________________________
 From: Michael Gentry <mgentry@masslight.net>
To: user@cayenne.apache.org; emeka okafor <emeka_1978@yahoo.com>
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2012 2:26 PM
Subject: Re: testing with cayenne

Hi Emeka,

We've used http://h2database.com/ before to create a real in-memory
database to run tests against.  H2 is small and fast and works pretty
well, plus by creating your schema/data in-memory only, you don't have
to worry about file permissions or cleanup when your tests are done
running.

mrg

On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 6:04 PM, emeka okafor <emeka_1978@yahoo.com> wrote:
> New cayenne user here. I am trying to use cayenne as the orm for an application and I
was wondering how you guys write your unit test? do you test with a real database or do you
have predefined mock objectcontext and son on to be able to write performant test?