cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Can I select new objects via performQuery.
Date Wed, 07 Nov 2012 07:41:35 GMT
Agreed - should be possible to do it for SelectQuery, as it is essentially a single-entity
filter. Will require closer look at Expression.filterObjects(..) to make sure it works for
to-many, etc…

And yes - some decisions are needed on how to handle uncommitted modified and deleted objects.
It is hard for me to judge what's the best approach with those, as honestly I've never had
a scenario where I would care to fetch against uncommitted objects. Would be great if someone
could share their typical use cases.

Andrus

On Nov 7, 2012, at 2:48 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
> Yes, that's what I was thinking. As you say, should be easy to implement for the SelectQuery
case. It would:

> * Remove objects in the context which no longer match the query
> * Add additional objects from the context (either new or edited) which match the query
>
> It would either throw an exception or fail silently if the query was unable to be evaluated
in memory. Not sure which is better.