cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Garth Keesler <gar...@gdcjk.com>
Subject Re: PG CITEXT Data Type
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2012 17:06:23 GMT
Using 3.1B1. But your second question made me look in Modeler and all of
the "special" PG data types like CITEXT are listed as "Other". I assume
I should select something other than that, right? I'll give it a try and
see what happens.

Thanx...

On 10/30/2012 11:42 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> So what version of Cayenne are you using (I'd recommend 3.1B1)?
>
> Also what type do you select for CTEXT columns in Cayenne model? Should be something
like VARCHAR?

> Andrus
>
> On Oct 30, 2012, at 7:06 PM, Garth Keesler <garthk@gdcjk.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanx for the reply. The problem I seem to be having is that the schema-generated
persistent classes have errors whenever one of the CITEXT attributes is mentioned. Following
is a sample of the code which is causing errors.

>> public void setInvoicenbr($importUtils.formatJavaType(${attr.Type}) invoicenbr) {
>>        writeProperty(INVOICENBR_PROPERTY, invoicenbr);
>>    }
>>    public $importUtils.formatJavaType(${attr.Type}) getInvoicenbr() {
>>        return ($importUtils.formatJavaType(${attr.Type}))readProperty(INVOICENBR_PROPERTY);
>>    }
>>
>> The errors are the same for each occurrence of the CITEXT data type.
>>
>> Description    Resource    Path    Location    Type
>> $ cannot be resolved to a variable    _Lineitems.java /oespg/src/main/java/org/ttna/oespg/persistent/auto
   line 80 Java Problem

>> If this is not helpful, let me know and I'll include schema and more code.
>>
>> Thanx,
>> Garth
>>
>> On 10/30/2012 10:10 AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>>> I don't have much recent firsthand PG experience, but reading citext docs, it
looks like exactly what you need.

>>> So when comparisons are done in SQL it should work (at least it works for me
on MySQL with similar DB-side settings). On the other hand if you are using in-memory filtering
with expressions it won't work, as in-memory comparisons are simple Java "equal".

>>> Finally there is a 'likeIgnoreCase' expression that works consistently in-memory
and in DB (regardless of DB-side case sensitivity), as the name implies.

>>> Andrus

and mostly for the fun of it) and am trying to figure out how to best match the case insensitive
string usage that is in SQL Server. I created the PG database using CITEXT only where actually
necessary but it doesn't seem to be recognized in Cayenne. It appears that I need to replace
all CITEXT columns with TEXT and handle case insensitive comparisons manually. I've found
a couple of threads that mention this but none had any real advice on how best to do it in
a Cayenne environment. Lower() is frequently mentioned as the usual approach but before I
go down that path too far I'd appreciate a little feedback from more experienced Cayenne users.