cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Ramiro Aparicio <ramiro.apari...@prot-on.com>
Subject Re: Splitting model
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 14:11:41 GMT
My idea was something like model import capabilities, so you can import
models inside models, this needs to have 2 different paths: file path
for modeler and runtime paths
Still this forces to have some special project layout between modules
wich is not the best thing to enforce.

The main use case I can think of is a Core module + extra optional
modules that expands the model with new entities (and usually this needs
relationships with core).

Ramiro

El 24/10/2012 14:24, Andrus Adamchik escribió:
> On Oct 24, 2012, at 2:58 PM, Ramiro Aparicio <ramiro.aparicio@prot-on.com> wrote:
>
>> If thats possible even if the configuration must be done in a Java class (I would
prefer XML but it is better that nothing) the only failing point is relationship between models
of diferent modules, if they are 1-N  it can be easily handled but N-1 or M-N are not that
easy (first term is submodule model entity).
> Yeah, relationships would be an issue. It probably warrants a separate discussion with
analysis of the real use cases. The problem is more at the mapping level - how do you reference
an entity from another module when modeling your dependent module.