cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Ramiro Aparicio <ramiro.apari...@prot-on.com>
Subject Splitting model
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 11:19:57 GMT
Hi,

After upgrading to 3.1 it is now more evident that you can split the
data model and data nodes as it is needed so the model can span several
DBs or several models can be in the same DB.
I am a big fan of making everything as modular as possible, and this
configuration helps, but what I think it would be perfect is being able
to put the diferent model files in diferent modules and just orchestrate
DB nodes and model composition in the project file, like a maven project.
I understand that there is nothing like that currently on 3.1 but I
wanted to know if any of you had experience of something like that.
Indeed I am not sure if it can be done as probably path to other modules
models will not be the same when developing or at runtime, but I think
it will be a very interesting feature for big projects.

Ramiro Aparicio