cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Ramiro Aparicio <ramiro.apari...@prot-on.com>
Subject Re: Vertical inheritance with relationships
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 14:28:30 GMT
El 19/09/2012 22:12, Andrus Adamchik escribió:
> On Sep 19, 2012, at 11:24 AM, Ramiro Aparicio <ramiro.aparicio@prot-on.com> wrote:
>
>> BTW I tried to do everything with 3.0.2 modeller and finally updated to 3.1.B1 modeller,
Will the model created with 3.1.B1 modeller work with 3.0.2 runtime? (I want to update the
runtime but just in case I can not do it).
> No, once you upgrade the Model to 3.1, there's no (automated) way to go back to 3.0.
The project structure is different in 3.1. The biggest change is that the new projects have
at most 1 domain per project. It is probably doable by manually editing XML, but there's little
point in that. After all the only reason to use the new Modeler is if you are planning to
use the new runtime.

> I'll try to find time to get to the rest of your message. I rarely if ever use vertical
inheritance, but I may try out your scenario.

> Andrus

Hi again,
Ok after the big refactoring I am now able to test this and I get this
exception on commit:
"Cannot set the read-only flattened relationship 'toUser' in ObjEntity
'SessionLogWeb'."
or
"Cannot set the read-only flattened relationship 'runtimeRelationship1'
in ObjEntity 'SessionLog'."
depending on which side I try to use when setting the relationship.
(SessionLogWeb is WebSession on my previous example and SessionLog is
Session)

So even if only one side of the relationship is marked as read only it
is not possible to set the relationship from either side, as this kind
of mapping is a bit unexplored using cayenne I will happily try any
different options but I would like to mantain the vertical inheritance
as this is a logging table that will hold millions of records so using a
shared table will waste too much space.

Thanks in advance.

Ramiro Aparicio