cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Splitting model
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2012 12:24:48 GMT

On Oct 24, 2012, at 2:58 PM, Ramiro Aparicio <ramiro.aparicio@prot-on.com> wrote:

> If thats possible even if the configuration must be done in a Java class (I would prefer
XML but it is better that nothing) the only failing point is relationship between models of
diferent modules, if they are 1-N  it can be easily handled but N-1 or M-N are not that easy
(first term is submodule model entity).

Yeah, relationships would be an issue. It probably warrants a separate discussion with analysis
of the real use cases. The problem is more at the mapping level - how do you reference an
entity from another module when modeling your dependent module.

Andrus