cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: DI in 3.1
Date Fri, 05 Oct 2012 06:50:51 GMT
Hi,

The entry point to Cayenne in 3.1 is ServerRuntime. If you already have CayenneFilter elsewhere
in the application, it means ServerRuntime is already created and can be retrieved by your
code outside of HttpRequest:

ServletContext servletContext = // you can get this one during app initialization (or maybe
Spring can inject it?)
CayenneRuntime runtime = WebUtil.getCayenneRuntime(servletContext);
ObjectContext newContext = runtime.getContext();

Andrus

On Oct 4, 2012, at 9:16 PM, Ramiro Aparicio <ramiro.aparicio@prot-on.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am back again with some questions, after migrating to 3.1 it seems almost everything
is working as it should except timed task, this kind of process is timed using spring and
does not pass throught CayenneFilter and there is no context attached, so I need to be able
to create context on demand for those cases and that is changed to DI in 3.1 wich is undocummented
afaik, I have tried with:
>    @Inject
>    private Injector injector;
> and then:
>            DataContext context = (DataContext) injector.getInstance(ObjectContextFactory.class).createContext();
> but injector is not injected, so right now I am out of options, can someone point me
how Cayenne DI is working or how can I create a new context at 3.1?