cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Felipe Martín Santos <gadita...@gmail.com>
Subject How to represent weak entities
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2012 11:08:47 GMT
Hello:

At first of my DB desing I chose Meaningful Primary Key generation but
after read this mailing list I decided use Cayenne Generated PK.

Before, for some tables I had the identifier column as PK and FK at the
same time to represent weaks entities (entities without own identifier),
this allowed me to select the check box "To Dep PK" in the relationship  of
the master table.

Now every table has one autogenerated PK  i.e. every table is identified
with its own identifier, and this identifier is no longer a FK to the
master table.... In summary, I lost the possibility to select the check "To
Dep PK" because Cayenne modeler doesn't allow.

¿What's the solution to represent a weak entity with Cayenne Generated PK?

Thank you very much for your answer!!