cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <mgen...@masslight.net>
Subject Re: Executing raw SQL
Date Wed, 05 Sep 2012 11:33:26 GMT
I was wondering if we might should go one step further.  If there is
only one DataNode, perhaps have the option of leaving the entity or
DataNode name out of those calls?  (Can throw an exception if there
are multiple DataNodes registered.)  That might be more intuitive for
most (and the typical use-case).

mrg

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 1:43 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> A bit OT, since Bob has found a solution already... Cayenne 3.1 makes it a bit easier
to obtain a DataSource, compared to the earlier versions:

> Connection connection = serverRuntime.getDataSource("DataNode").getConnection();
>
> Andrus
>
> On Sep 4, 2012, at 2:05 PM, Bryan Lewis wrote:
>
>> In you really need to get a connection, this has worked for me:
>>
>>    Connection connection =
>> dataContext.getParentDataDomain().getNode("DataNode").getDataSource().getConnection()
>>

>> On Mon, Sep 3, 2012 at 8:55 PM, Bob Harner <bobharner@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Alternatively, how can I get access to the database connection so I can run
>>> straight JDBC?
>>>
>>> private void backUpDatabase(Connection conn) throws SQLException
>>> {
>>> String sqlstmt = "CALL SYSCS_UTIL.SYSCS_BACKUP_DATABASE(?)";
>>> CallableStatement cs = conn.prepareCall(sqlstmt);
>>> cs.setString(1,"D:/dbbackups/");
>>> cs.execute();