cayenne-user mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Vertical inheritance with relationships
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2012 20:12:45 GMT

On Sep 19, 2012, at 11:24 AM, Ramiro Aparicio <ramiro.aparicio@prot-on.com> wrote:

> BTW I tried to do everything with 3.0.2 modeller and finally updated to 3.1.B1 modeller,
Will the model created with 3.1.B1 modeller work with 3.0.2 runtime? (I want to update the
runtime but just in case I can not do it).

No, once you upgrade the Model to 3.1, there's no (automated) way to go back to 3.0. The project
structure is different in 3.1. The biggest change is that the new projects have at most 1
domain per project. It is probably doable by manually editing XML, but there's little point
in that. After all the only reason to use the new Modeler is if you are planning to use the
new runtime.

I'll try to find time to get to the rest of your message. I rarely if ever use vertical inheritance,
but I may try out your scenario.

Andrus